I have back to the cub series, but this time it's not the big brother cub12r, it's the cub10, it has a very different range of tone because of the 6v6gt tubes on it, it's a really clean amp with a lot of power with good headroom for the size and wattage, deep bass, pronounced mids, and crystal highs, all of this can be blend with the simplicity of a tone knob, the gain and volume knobs are the secret to get the most impressive clean sound or natural overdrive sound of this little amp, it sounds like some of the low wattage Fender amps but with a different voicing, a little bit modern to my ears in a good way, I think it's because of the Celestion Tube 10 speaker, which I found really balanced, of course there is a lot better speakers, but with this price there is no way to get wrong. This lovely amp has, Hi and Lo input, External Speaker (8-16ohm), Tone, Volume and Gain controls, 10w all tube (2x12ax7 Ruby tubes and 2x6v6gt TAD tubes). I'm very happy with my new amp and I hope you find useful this humble demo, enjoy. For recording: -Lexicon Alpha 2.0 Audio Interface -Shure PG57 (like 60cms away of the amp's grill to get more natural sound of the room) -Mixed with Cubase Le5 with no effects at all, just my danelectro delay pedal straight into the amp. -For video editing I have use Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum - I record the video with my Ipod Touch 4 and my Samsung Galaxy S Captivate.
Wednesday, 23 January 2013
Laney Cub 10 10w tube amp 6v6 demo
Laney Cub 10 10w tube amp 6v6 demo Tube. Duration : 9.62 Mins.
I have back to the cub series, but this time it's not the big brother cub12r, it's the cub10, it has a very different range of tone because of the 6v6gt tubes on it, it's a really clean amp with a lot of power with good headroom for the size and wattage, deep bass, pronounced mids, and crystal highs, all of this can be blend with the simplicity of a tone knob, the gain and volume knobs are the secret to get the most impressive clean sound or natural overdrive sound of this little amp, it sounds like some of the low wattage Fender amps but with a different voicing, a little bit modern to my ears in a good way, I think it's because of the Celestion Tube 10 speaker, which I found really balanced, of course there is a lot better speakers, but with this price there is no way to get wrong. This lovely amp has, Hi and Lo input, External Speaker (8-16ohm), Tone, Volume and Gain controls, 10w all tube (2x12ax7 Ruby tubes and 2x6v6gt TAD tubes). I'm very happy with my new amp and I hope you find useful this humble demo, enjoy. For recording: -Lexicon Alpha 2.0 Audio Interface -Shure PG57 (like 60cms away of the amp's grill to get more natural sound of the room) -Mixed with Cubase Le5 with no effects at all, just my danelectro delay pedal straight into the amp. -For video editing I have use Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum - I record the video with my Ipod Touch 4 and my Samsung Galaxy S Captivate.
I have back to the cub series, but this time it's not the big brother cub12r, it's the cub10, it has a very different range of tone because of the 6v6gt tubes on it, it's a really clean amp with a lot of power with good headroom for the size and wattage, deep bass, pronounced mids, and crystal highs, all of this can be blend with the simplicity of a tone knob, the gain and volume knobs are the secret to get the most impressive clean sound or natural overdrive sound of this little amp, it sounds like some of the low wattage Fender amps but with a different voicing, a little bit modern to my ears in a good way, I think it's because of the Celestion Tube 10 speaker, which I found really balanced, of course there is a lot better speakers, but with this price there is no way to get wrong. This lovely amp has, Hi and Lo input, External Speaker (8-16ohm), Tone, Volume and Gain controls, 10w all tube (2x12ax7 Ruby tubes and 2x6v6gt TAD tubes). I'm very happy with my new amp and I hope you find useful this humble demo, enjoy. For recording: -Lexicon Alpha 2.0 Audio Interface -Shure PG57 (like 60cms away of the amp's grill to get more natural sound of the room) -Mixed with Cubase Le5 with no effects at all, just my danelectro delay pedal straight into the amp. -For video editing I have use Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum - I record the video with my Ipod Touch 4 and my Samsung Galaxy S Captivate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment